I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Stay with me, Stay with me, Always, Always"

I believe that's Little Brother ft. Tiombe Lockhart. (F a (.) between words to try to throw off the searches. I don't feel like goin' through that s right now.)

I like that song. And I love music so I'ma title all my posts with a song lyric, just like i do all my other blogs.

But anyway.

Yesterday, I was supposedly one of 4 hosts for my older cousin's baby shower. Which I really wanted to do 'cause i love her like that. But damn. I was supposed to be 1 of 4.

I was really 1 of 1.5 hosts.

I was running around ALL DAY to get stuff and get stuff done for the shower. Not to mention that I didn't go to sleep 'till late the night before from cooking some ish for the shower.

It was the bomb too.

But damn. I was the last person to walk out the door after all was said and done. I was heavily involved in the whole thing without much assistance from the other 3 hosts, 1 of which was my mother but i'll give her a pass 'cause she wasn't fully involved in the planning.

One of my aunts just pisses me off tho 'cause no, she wasn't a host, but her ass never offers assistance with anything. And that ish pisses me THE HELL OFF!!!! Her ass always has to have special recognition even though she doesn't ever do anything. Makes me sick!

Ugh! I feel my blood pressure rising right now just thinking about it. But I had to get the shit off my damn chest. Yes, that's how aggravated it made me.

But whatever.

I just had to draw on the strength of the Lord to finish cleaning up that place. I really had to. I said to myself, "I'm not doing this to receive any accolades or thanks. I'm just doin' it 'cause I love my cuz."

And that worked. So even though I was past the point of being EXHAUSTED, I did what I had to do. Turned off the lights. Rolled out.

But the whole time I was driving my aunt home (which was torturous in itself), I just kept my mouth shut. 'Cause if I opened it, the floodgates woulda crashed open and it woulda been hell on earth for that whole car ride.

But I sho' wanted to say some ish. I really wanted to.

And now I feel better 'cause it's all off my chest.

Lemme go take a nap so I can go fulfill my duties at this place I "work" at during all of my "spare time".

No comments: