I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

"I said do it how you do it! Gon' and walk it out!"

My momma know how to do the Walk It Out.

I ain't lyin'.

She like to stay hip with the goings on of society.

Now, I'd have a problem if she knew how to do the Pool Palace. THAT I would have a problemo with!

I was riding down a hood street the other day and passed by a laundromat where a man died on Thanksgiving night. He had tried to run over a police officer after stealing snacks from a gas station on the other side of the street. He was shot in the process and the van he was driving ended up careening across 6 lanes of traffic, only to land in the front of the laundromat.

It's a very sad story, really. Very sad. Makes me sad to think about it. I hope he finds a home in Heaven.

What gets me about the aftermath at the laundromat is that, on this day that I was riding past it, which I believe was two days after the incident, I see that there is a big piece of wood panel attached to the building to cover the hole that the van left behind.

Spray-painted on this piece of wood is the following statement:

"We OPEN! We OPEN!"


Now I ain't gon' lie and say I'ma pro with this here English language but come on now! The proper phrase is:

"We are OPEN! We are OPEN!"


I'ma just need for my people to use proper English when it comes to their place of business. You can't just all willy-nilly write it how you would say it. Ask somebody what to put up there if you ain't sure! Damn!

It's killin' me! It really is.

When I saw it, I wanted to pull my car into the parking lot, park it, hop out and ask for the manager of the laundromat to tell them that they need to get their ish straight.

I want us to rise as a people. I truly do.

But anyway.

I'ma perceptive lil' female. Overly perceptive in some situations. I always act like I don't know what the other person is thinking when I really do.

I'm an analyzer. Overly analytical, if I must say. I always act like I don't know what the hell is going on when I really do.

Sometimes those traits are really beneficial for me. Other times, they ain't.

They are 'cause they help me to manipulate the situation to benefit me - if I have to manipulate it. Sometimes I do if I just don't feel like puttin' up with the bullshAt. Sometimes I don't so I can see just how everything is gonna play out.

They aren't 'cause I might end up walkin' away wiht more info than I ever wanted to know. Info that I will obsess over for the rest of my life - or until I just finally get over it which, in some cases, can take years.

I sometimes wish that I had a short memory. A VERY limited space in which to keep ish hangin' around. So that by the time I had time to think about the issues, I couldn't even remember the shit.

Really.

No comments: