I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Doesn't it feel like Christmas? Feels so lovely...oh, so lovely."

I had to write about it.

I just wrote "Amsterdam" as "Amsterdamn".

And in the process of writing the previous sentence, I kept typing "Ambst.." and had to keep backspacing to fix it 'causa my first name and how it interferes with me writing any word that begins with "Am".

I can't write "America" without a problem either.

* Case in point, I just typed my whole first name and had to erase it because I typed it instead of "America" in the sentence above. *

I've also been laughing at myself all day for the fact that at the start of my daily commute, I prayed to the Lord to help me not be upset by anyone cutting me off in traffic. To help me just immediately get over the slight and keep it moving without my blood pressure rising.

What happens not minutes after I completed my prayer? I cut not one but TWO folks off in traffic. And BAD cut offs at that. Had they done it to me, I woulda been LIVID. So I had to pray all over again for the Lord to forgive my behavior. Even though it wasn't intentional. It just happened. But still.

I'm listening to Destiny's Child's "8 Days of Christmas". I'm all into Christmas songs during the holiday season. I LUH Crimmuh Songs. I really do.

My favorite is Yolanda Adams' "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" and Kirk Franklin and the Family's "Jesus is the Reason". I really get crunkeded when I hear those songs. They just do something to me.

Wait a doggon' minute. How could I forget A Few Good Men's "Silver Bells"?!?! Now THAT is my Crimmuh JAM!

Now, on a more serious note and because it's kinda on my conscience (but not really), I just wanna say that I love a working man. Especially a working man that does manual labor as part of their job. I really do. It's very sexy to me.

I just do not embrace the idea of interaction with men in my workplace. Whatsoever. I'm just not comfortable with it and I won't encourage it.

Mr. Construction Man #2 ('cause #1 had to learn the hard way before he was transferred in an incident not related to me and my thykness) decided to try and confront me as I did my best to breeze past him and his outright staring cohorts on the way to lunch. I heard a "hi" somewhere out of their little huddle, so I shot a quick but quiet "hi" back.

THEN Mr. CM#2 decides he wants to continue a conversation. Uh, that would be a NO. I politely shot him a quick but quiet "no" to whatever question he asked me (and the question was NOT "How is your day?" or anything to that effect) and kept it moving.

Just now, I timed my re-entry to the office perfectly so as not to catch their attention through the only door, in or out, that exists in the office, which they happened to be standing right by. It went very smoothly and at this very moment, I am alllll the way at the back of my office where they have no business even making their way to.

My thing is just have some decorum. Some. Not much. Just some. It's already enough that I'm the token BG up in here. I don't need your effort or assistance in blowin' up my spot by bringing any more attention my way.

For all these folks know, I'm a pure virgin that don't hardly know what a man looks like. Let's keep it that way.

Thanks.

Not but a few months ago, Mr. Contstruction Man #1 had me fielding questions left and right after it got to some folks that he was "lookin' at [me] like [I] was good enough to eat" (literally, that is what one of my coworkers said to me). And imagine, Mr. CM#1 ain't even know my name. So come on.

I like my work situation to be I come to work, I work, I go home. Don't nobody need to know my business, what I do in my personal life, who I'm dealing with and who I ain't. Periot. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No exceptions.

I like to compartmentalize my life and keep it that way. Things don't get messy when one side don't know about the other. Call it hiding, call it pretending, call it what you want.

You just won't call ME caught up in no mess AT WORK. 'Cause ain't NOTHIN' gon' compromise my paycheck. NOTHIN', ya heard? I wear that work mask and I wear it well. Don't get stomped on 'cause u don' decided u want to try and call me out.

Just don't do it.

Now let me get back to my "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". I BET NOT get no more interruptions either!

No comments: