I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"Demorô, vai ser melhor..."

I am currently enjoying the sounds of Seu Jorge. Specifically, "Tive Razao" from his album, Cru. I was made aware of this artist by DJ Jamad.

I am too happy for the "introduction".

I drove up to O.r.lanod.o to visit a couple of folks this weekend. I wanted to leave on Friday around 3 to avoid rush hour but of course, that ain't happen. I left Mia.mi at 5:00pm - completely in the midst of standstill traffic. For two hours, I sat in bumper to bumper traffic, but I still made good headway. It's just that the sun had gone down about an hour into my drive so I started to get sleepy on some of those two lane roads.

Those mixed cds I made before I left came in handy right about then. :) The stop at the Yee.ha.w Ju.ncti.on helped out too. Else, ya girl woulda been done pee'd all on mah-self in the car.

Note to self: When you get off one main road on a long trip and start to feel like you may one day have to use the bathroom, stop at the FIRST major establishment you see - be it McDon.ald.'s, Che.vro.n or Chu.ck E. Che.e.se - 'cause it might be the ONLY major establishment in existence for the next 100 miles.

First stop was my girl Meli over in Lak.ela.nd, FL, who had had a baby girl on Thursday night at 10:23pm. Healthy little baby. Soooo cute. That baby had the darkest hair I have ever seen on a baby in my life. No lie. I just found that so odd. But she was really a cutie. I'm happy for Meli and I wish her the best.

Of course, I rolled up to the hospital long after visiting hours were over but I explained my situation to security and they let me up, gifts in tow. I wanted to sleep right alongside that baby, I was so tired. But I pressed on.

Got back on the road with not too far to go. But when you're sleepy, any piece of road feels like eternity. It was a straight shot to my best friend's house, so I dug in the crates (aka my portable cd bookcase) and found that Lil' Mo Meet the Girl Next Door, which took me alllll the way there. Mo be sayin' it, boy. She really do. "Doin' Me Wrong"??!!? That's my jizzam!! LOL! For real.

I remember, I used to listen to that cd allllll the time after I stopped dealing with this one dude. Felt like me and Mo was havin' personal conversations EVRAY-TAHM I listened to that cd. I would be singin', talkin' 'bout "You better SAY IT MO!". Mmm!

It's amazing that the same damn situations can be happening to people all over the world at the same time. It sho'll feel like you be the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD goin' through that particular situation, but there are MILLIONS more going through it too.

On that stretch of road, it was only me and Mo at the time though. Me and Mo. She almost got me a speedin' ticket too! I was goin' so fast though, I prolly woulda ended up in J.AIL at the speed I was goin'. But that's what I needed to make it.

I rolled up to my girl's house, ate me a snack and gave that bed tha bidness!

But not before she asked to see the dress I would be wearing to her company's holiday party - which is when I realized I LEFT THE DRESS ON MY FRIGGIN' BED IN MY HOUSE IN MI.AMI!!!! I was SO upset, but not really, 'cause I ain't really wanna wear that dress anyway. :)

So Saturday was spent searching for the perfect CHEAP dress to wear to the party.

The party was off da chizzain. How.ie Mande.l was the friggin' host. Yes he was! LOL! And the B5.2's performed a FULL SHOW (which I didn't watch 'cause I couldn't stand up in my shoes any longer).

Lawd, I don't know what I'ma do if I get to the point where I can host a party like that! Nobody betta show up, 'cause if they do, they gon' be in for the time of their lives. I have never seen so many bars in one place. Mmmmm. :) LOL!!! And THEN, we had a FREE room for the night up in the hotel where the party was held. Lovely. That bed got THE bidness ('cause "tha" ain't a good enough description)! LOL!!!

Woke up the next morning bright and early but got held hostage, as is the usual, until the VERY last minute (actually, I left MUCH later than I wanted to). So instead of driving back to my house, I had to drive to my "volunteer" destination and "work".

Talk about TIRED.

I had yesterday off but I spent it with my cuz and her baby, who got her little ears pierced. In her fury, baby girl pee'd all over the doctor and pooped as soon as her pamper was secured. She was MAD. But only for a few minutes. She took it like a soldier. I can't imagine that pain at my age. Don't want to either...at least for right now.

My dream is to have one or both of my nipples pierced. I've been talkin' about it too much in the past. I'ma be about it in '07. Yup.

So, my life as it stands right now? I have done NO Christmas shopping. But I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be in line at Walgreens on 12/24 at 11:57pm. I WILL NOT. I refuse to EVER do that again. So it seems as if I need to be getting on my grizzind tonight.

I hope I can muster up the strunf.

Lawd, help meh!

No comments: