I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of these streets I shall not fear these streets 'cause I am these streets."

I saw that video on VH.1 Sou.l last night.

So much talent...

They say the most talented and most intelligent ones are the craziest.

So the past couple of days have been kinda...weird.

It seems like everyday, my no-relationship-having behind has been involved in PLENTY conversations about the idea or evidence of cheating in relationships.

One conversation ended up with me telling my compadre, out of sheer frustration over what seems like NO RESPECT for the institution of it, that "marriage ain't nothin' but havin' a permanent roommate". And I shook my head and rolled my neck from side to side when I said it too!

The status of things is just getting out of hand. It just seems like nobody has love or RESPECT for anybody anymore.

My coworker walked into the office today and her first words were not "good morning", as is her usual. They were "guys are IDIOTS!". She proceeded to get into how she just discovered that her husband was trying to creep creep on her ass and that the real reason she didn't come to work yesterday was 'cause she was kickin' his ass out the house.

A friend of mind, Miss E, said that her own father told her that if she expected a man to be faithful to a woman forever, she was living in a fantasy land...

I just don't understand it. I really don't.

And all that all of this information is doing is helping to increase my apathy towards the idea of a friggin' relationship. I mean, who wants to put themselves through some bullshit? Willingly?! Not-the-hell me! Not at all.

And people continue to have the nerve to ask why I'm single.

Why am I single? 'Cause my life is stressful and dramatified enough with the people that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

By the way, I had to tell my nervous momma (love her to death, bless her heart) she on hiatus AGAIN from riding in my car (this must be 'bout the 14th time). I had to say to her: "Ma, I think it's best for our relationship if you have your husband drive you home from work." EVERYDAY is nerve-wracking with her as a passenger in my car. Mind you, she Miss Daisy ALL DAY, gettin' driven around everywhere she want to go ON A DAILY BASIS. But she NEVER CEASES to complain about my driving. And it ain't personal, 'cause she do it to everybody. I just don't have it in me to have the same "discussion" (read: ARGUMENT) everyday about the rules of driving with her. So yeah - she's on BREAK. Periot. 'Specially if she wanna get something for Christmas from me this year! LOL!

But yeah, life is full of enough crap. Why, on top of all that, would I want to deal with some straight foolishness? Why?

I am not a sadist. I don't enjoy crying (I can count on 1 hand how many times I've cried in the past two years and I'll probably STILL have a couple fingers free). I don't enjoy stress-induced headaches and the like. I love my sleep too much to be losing it over some straight BULLSHAT!

And most of all, I'm quick to have the "I don't need yo ass" attitude and KEEP IT MOVING. I don' hurt a coupla feelings like that and I don't plan on NOT hurting anymore.

If a nigga ("I ain't gon' stop using it so they just gon' have to crucify me." a la Jim Jones) decide he wanna deal with me, he will always know the rules. That's how I roll. You get the rules up front, point blank, straight no chaser.

So if he decide to dance this dance with me and feel he is "man" enough to break the rules, prepare to get left on the dancefloor boo.

'Cause I don't play that shit.

Aiight. Quittin' time. Else I'd get more into this subject. Maybe I'll get more in depth another day as far as how I developed my trademark "I don't need yo ass" attitude.

2 comments:

Yellowswan said...

Everytime I find myself wanting a boyfriend all I have to do is watch Cheaters.

Miss J said...

LOL! I just can't watch that mess. I find myself not able to stomach the fact that it could be true. Those just have to be actors. They just HAVE to be!