I tend to realize something I needed to immediately realize after what needed to be done is already done. Doesn't really make sense, does it.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

"I feel so LADY when I'm with you, when I'm 'round you..."

I know I'm too into liquor when everytime I see the word "patron", I say it as "Patron" and the actions related to it.

i.e.: "Witnesses said a patron of the store saw the crime take place."

My eyes read: "Witnesses said a shot of Patron was given away in the store."

Shameful, I know.

Oh well.

I don't know what's going on with me as of yesterday.

I walked out of my office and, upon exiting the building, realized that it was raining. Not hard drops, but a full-out rain, nonetheless. Me and my head full of curls were not happy to see such a sight but I was not about to trek all the way back to my office to get my standby umbrella.

So I rushed out, tryna scurry but be cute without bussin' every part of my ass on the wet ground. As I'm approaching my car, I see that there is a piece of paper lodged under my windshield wiper. I realized that it was not a note from some secret admirer as my eyes started to focus on that familiar orange line at the top of the paper - a damn parking ticket.

It was not hard to resist the urge to laugh at the absurdity of the way my situation was going down, being as how I was still trying to remain upright and, by that point, not get run over by non-paying-attention drivers who were playing the stutter-drive/step as I was trying to escape the damn rain.

Nevertheless, even with wet feet and cold fingers, I started the car and went along my way as if nothing had happened.

I just couldn't be upset.

And that struck me as strange. Very strange. Very, very strange.

Because even though Virginia ain't around, that sequence of events would have caused me to be LIVID any other day. Yelling and screaming and catchin' some nasty road rage all the way home.

So my calmness was quite shocking to me. Frankly, it made me nervous. What happened to the Queen B in me?!?!?

I don't know. Either way, I don't mind her absence. It's just a bit puzzling.

I hope it's a piece of a new me? Maybe? Hopefully.

I'd like to get to a point where insignificant ish does not bother me anymore. I'll put more energy into it for the '07.

I'm gonna put a lot of energy into being positive and carrying positive energy along with me in '07.

1 comment:

Ms.Honey said...

I've never had Patron but I do know that it tend to alter behavior LOL...